Paintball is one of the most enjoyable sports which requires some skill and ability to move quickly. This means that without the right equipment, you can never enjoy the game. Among the top paintball gear, you must have is a paintball marker or gun. If you have been renting a paintball gun and you feel that it is time to get your own, we have compiled this guide for you.
We’ve already reviewed some cool markers, but in this article, I am going to reveal the best paintball guns for the money. We will discuss their key features and reasons why they are worth your money. If you have been searching for a new hobby and you would like to try paintball, you will also learn a lot from this article. Take your time and go through the product’s features to determine the one that suits your needs.
Top Paintball Guns For The Money
Azodin Blitz 3
If you are searching for a top quality paintball gun that has amazing features, I would recommend you look for Azodin Blitz 3. The first thing you should note about it is that it is highly durable and it is available in 10 different colors. The frame is made of a nylon-reinforced composite and glass fiber which not only makes the gun lightweight but also long-lasting. This means that you don’t have to worry about damages even if you fall, roll or dive. You will also find that it has a smooth and robust grip. Again, there are no pieces that will dig into your wrists or palms and therefore you won’t experience soreness or blisters even when using it for long hours.
As compared to others, this paintball gun is very easy to use since it doesn’t have complex features. Also, note that you can interchange the feedback thread neck to suit your requirements.
Another thing you need to note is that it features a feather regulator which makes it easy to use, easy to service, lightweight and compact. This regulator features a revolutionary piston which has an integrated seat. Due to this, you can use either CO2 or HPA with the gun. This allows you to choose what you would prefer to play with. Again, it has 3 firing modes which are pump-action, full-auto, and semi-auto.
Tippmann 98 Custom Platinum
Tippmann 98 Custom Platinum is one of the best paintball guns for the money. It has an elegant look and comes with amazing features. It is one of the most preferred by many paintball players due to its outstanding quality. If you love renting paintball guns, you might have come across it because it is the most rented paintball gun due to its user-friendly design. It comes in different designs and colors but you can also customize the design to suit your playing style.
One of the rare things you will find in this gun is that it uses anti-chop technology which deals with ball breakage. This means that you don’t have anything to worry about because you can have a design that matches your play style. It also comes with an in-line bolt system which means the marker to be among the most efficient products on the market.
As a paintball player, you require a gun that is not only efficient and reliable but also one that gives you long-lasting accuracy. This is another area where Tippmann 98 Custom Platinum excels better than its competitors. It allows you to play with speed and accuracy and you can also upgrade to boost your performance.
Other features you will find in this paintball marker include trigger points, sleek matt finish, sling changeability, power tube design, secure front sight springs and kit for upgrading and maintenance. Lastly, it is one of the cheapest guns on the market.
- THE ORANGE BUTTON ON THE BARREL IS FOR ILLUSTRATIVE PURPOSES ONLY – NOT INCLUDED
- Easy-to-use semi-automatic marker that delivers reliable performance that can easily be upgraded
- Split receiver design provides quick access to internal components for installation of upgrades and modifications
- Picatinny rail along the top of the marker makes it easy to add a carry handle, scopes and other mods
- More durable all aluminum die cast receiver and matte black finish that will resist impact and wear
Kingman Spyder Victor
Kingman Spyder Victor is one of the best paintball guns that will give you a fantastic performance. In recent years, it has become so popular among paintball enthusiasts due to its effectiveness and reliability. The first thing you will love about it is that it comes with a full paintball kit which contains 4+1 paintball harness in black, GXG XVSN Paintball Mask in Black, Action Village 20 oz-Co2, four 140 round paintball pods, squeegee, and color play paintball wristband.
If you are a beginner, this is among the best paintball guns because it comes with impressive features which makes it easy to use. Again, it is 100% mechanical which means that it is very easy to control. Apart from that, it is economical in the sense that it doesn’t require batteries or electricity to operate.
You will also find that it has a non-slip rubber handle plus a 2-finger trigger which is ergonomically designed for a comfortable and secure grip. In addition, it is made of aluminum which not only makes it durable but also lightweight. Another thing is that it allows using either compressed air or Co2 depending on your preferences. For the best performance, compressed air is better than Co2.
Other useful features you will find in this unit include a rear velocity adapter, steel braided hose line, high impact composite feed neck and a 10 inch ported barrel.
- The Spyder Victor is one of the best selling entry level paintball markers of all time. The Spyder Victor made a name for itself with its dependable operation and simple maintenance. The 2012 Kingman Spyder Victor Semi-Auto Paintball Gun continues that tradition. The 2012 Spyder Victor retains the proven stacked tube blowback design that delivers excellent gas efficient and reliable performance.
- Empire’s X-Ray mask is a great goggle that provides the protection and comfort you need for all levels of paintball players. Dual density goggle foam provides exceptional comfort for all day wear. A visor provides shade and protection for your eyes and can be removed quickly and easily if needed. The X-Ray comes standard with a single pane anti-fog lens that prevents fogging in almost all conditions. A chin strap is also included to comply with tournament rules.
- The Empire 20oz CO2 bottle holds 20 ounces of CO2 and is constructed of aluminum. These bottles are reusable and can be filled as many times as needed. Empires 20oz tank uses a pin valve system and standard tank threads. On an average paintball marker, a 20-ounce tank will give you approximately 800 - 1000 shots per fill. CO2 tanks have a 10-year life span and must be hydrotested every 5 years. These tanks will have a date stamped on it to signify when it was manufactured All CO2 tanks are empty
- Warrior's Deluxe 4+1 paintball harness is designed to be worn around your waist or attached to a vest. It carries 4 pods horizontally with velcro straps as well as one CO2 or HPA tank vertically to run a remote line to for a lighter marker setup. Its velcro straps guarantee security and allows you to hold any tank directly in its place. Being fully adjustable with a buckle style belt system, it is made to fit all players.
- Dye's Alpha Pods hold 150 rounds of .68 caliber paintballs. Paintballs can be seen through the translucent pod once filled. These are designed with an ergonomic feel for superior grip, form, and function when needed. Alpha pods are made of a strong plastic from the top to bottom, allowing them to handle the most rugged of terrains. The lid also has two smooth cuts making it easier to open and fill quickly.
Empire Axe 2.0
If you are searching for a durable and reliable paintball gun, you can never go wrong with Empire Axe 2.0. What sets it apart from other paintball markers is that it has an excellent firing range plus accuracy. It is also among the fastest firing guns you will find on the market. Also, note that it is well enclosed to protect it from bad weather. Again, it is available in 8 different colors.
It also comes with a wrap-around foregrip that has a micro-texture and non-slip protection from different elements. You will also find that it comes with a tool-less push-button removal system that enables you to maintain and clean it without any problems. The shockwave board provides multiple adjustable firing modes which include Ramp, Burst, Full Auto and Semi. A relay venting ASA regulator which has an On/Off button is also included.
The pressure-controlled poppet engine enables it to provide excellent performance. Since it is made of aluminum, it is very lightweight and comfortable to use. It also comes with a manual that explains how the new features work. The 12-inch barrel offers a similar distance like the one found on paintball sniper rifles. It also has a superior velocity which enables it to provide shot-on-shot accuracy.
- Accurate, smooth and lightweight, the newly improved Axe 2. 0 shreds the competition
- Pressure controlled poppet engine for proven, reliable performance
- Externally serviceable, break-beam anti-chop laser eyes
Dye DSR Paintball Marker
Dye DSR Paintball marker is a mid-end category marker and it is as efficient as high-end markers. When it comes to design, you will find that it has a low body profile and does not have any visible screws or eye covers. Again, you can easily remove external attachments to enhance your focus as a player.
Another cool thing is that it has an ultra-lightweight frame. It also has a sticky grip which is also micro-textured. Apart from that, it has a double density and this makes it be among the best ergonomic paintball markers you can rarely find on the market.
In addition, it has the latest DYE barrel and Edge 1 roller bearing trigger. It is made to outshine other models. Also, it has an ‘eye-pipe’ design which acts as a detent as it holds the paintballs in position when preparing to shoot. The detent is easy to clean and it also comes with an extra spare. Moreover, it features the new revolutionary DYE ARC bolt engine to boost efficiency. This engine also provides a quiet performance, independent control valves, superior flow paths, and flexible shots.
However, it lacks strain on pockets. Due to this, it is not the best for beginners because you will require some time to learn how it works.
- The all-new ARC Bolt is Dye’s groundbreaking new engine that delivers amazing performance in a robust, reliable package. The ARC Bolt’s smooth, quiet shot, high efficiency, and soft touch on paint is the end result of precise engineering. Two stage bolt acceleration, air spring, impact bumpers, and an ultra-low 115 psi operating pressure ensure a smooth, quiet, and accurate shot that is extremely gentle on paint.
- UL Frame hourglass design and dual density full wrap Sticky Grips with precisely layered micro-texture provide ultimate comfort for any playing condition.
- Edge1 Roller Bearing Trigger allows for optimal tuning for unbeatable speed, reaction time, and ultimate trigger control.
- Powered by Dye’s Method Operating System, the most advanced CPU Dye has ever produced. The user is given unparalleled customization through the 5-Way Control Joystick and micro-USB operation that make software updates quick and easy ensuring your DSR is always performing at peak performance. A high contrast OLED display provides an intuitive user interface and advanced performance at your fingertips.
- The all-new Hyper 6 Regulator breathes life into the DSR - now with a more efficient airflow path and consistent piston movement. The latest generation of Dye’s trusted line of regulators is the most reliable and consistent regulator Dye has produced to date. Updated with a single coil spring and top load assembly that allows for exceptionally easy service. A pressure bleed-off feature was also integrated to ensure no air is trapped in the marker when degassed.
Empire paintball sniper pump marker with a barrel kit
Empire Paintball sniper is another reliable option that will give you excellent performance on the field. It consists of a 10 round vertical feed system, an auto-cocker barrel threading, and an auto-trigger which fires off instant shots. It is made of aluminum and it also features a 14-inch barrel plus three barrel inserts. The in-line regulator also contains a swivel adapter. Since it uses a stainless steel pump, you are sure that it will give you maximum stability on the field.
Again, it comes with a 300psi gauge which you can place anywhere on the gun. To enhance comfort, you will find that it has a wrap-around molded grip and a finger groove is also included. The other impressive feature you will love about this marker is that it shoots fast just like the semi-automatic paintball rifle. With this gun, you can fire shots straight to the target when you are more than 50 feet away. The other interesting thing about it is convenient and easy to access safety button. If you want to use it successfully, you will only need paintballs, a hopper, and an air bottle. To make it easy for both left and right-handed users, an ambidextrous adapter is included.
- Tournament Level Performance pump marker
- Low Pressure Operation
- Auto-Trigger for rapid firing
- Aluminum 2-piece 14" barrel
- 3 Barrel inserts .675, .680, .685
Tippmann Cronus Tactical
Whether you are a beginner or an intermediate paintball player, Tippmann Cronus Tactical is one of the best paintball markers you should consider. A compared to other expensive models, you will find that this one is a bit heavy. However, it is the best for those searching for a highly durable paintball marker. You can read our full review here.
Again, it is very easy to open up and clean even if you have never used a paintball marker before. The Tippmann Cronus is an upgrade of the Tippmann 98 which is among the most rented paintball makers you can find today. The manufacturers of Cronus paintball gun specially designed it with user-friendly features for easier use. With this marker, you can quickly learn how to assemble and disassemble within an hour.
Another major selling point of this gun is that it can be upgraded with multiple rails. You can also upgrade it to a tactical model and use it as an assault rifle paintball gun. You will find that most paintball guns are available in one design that is not easy to upgrade. The other thing you will love about it is that you can easily hit targets accurately when you are 150 feet away, thus this model could be used as a paintball sniper rifle. Tippmann Paintball gun has a semi-automatic firing mode and comes with molded rubber grips which are very comfortable.
- COMPLETE ALL-IN-ONE PAINTBALL GUN PACKAGE! Maddog's Silver CO2 Kit Has Everything You Need to Get in the Game! Silver Package Includes: Tippmann Cronus Paintball Gun, Maddog 200 Round Gravity Fed Paintball Loader, Maddog 20 Ounce CO2 Tank (Shipped Empty), Stealth Anti-Fog Paintball Mask, Barrel Squeegee, Maddog 4+1 Deluxe Padded Paintball Harness, and (4) Standard Paintball Pods
- THE BEST CHOICE FOR ENTRY LEVEL PAINTBALLERS! High performance, low maintenance, reliability, and incredible durability make it one of the most popular paintball markers across the globe. Built with the paintballer in mind, the marker’s high-impact, composite construction is extremely lightweight and features molded-rubber grips and an internal gas line for enhanced control and maneuverability. Plus four Picatinny rails for fast and easy custom modification.
- TIPPMANN CRONUS MILSIM STYLED .68 CALIBER SCENARIO PAINTBALL MARKER - Semi-Automatic - Adjustable from 250-325 FPS - Barrel Thread: A5 - Proven, In-line Bolt Design - Internal Gas Line - High-Impact Composite Body - Multiple Picatinny Rails - High-Performance Ported Barrel - and MORE!
- INDUSTRY STANDARD PAINTBALLING ACCESSORIES - High Quality RE-FILLABLE 20 Ounce Aluminum CO2 Paintball Tank for approx. 800 - 1100 shots per fill. GenX Stealth Mask with Full-Face Hard Plastic Protection, Closed Cell Foam, Quick Release Lens System For Easy Replacement, and Adjustable Head Strap. 200 Round Hopper, Barrel Squeegee for Maintenance and Maddog's 4+1 Padded Paintball Harness which Hauls OVER 500 Rounds, includes (4) Standard Paintball Pods, plus even has a Pouch for Your Tank!
- TAKE THE PAIN OUT OF PAINTBALL! Maddog Bundles the Best Paintball Accessories in the Industry For An EASY, ALL-IN-ONE, Complete Package! This Silver CO2 Starter Kit has Everything You Need for Field Entry.. Fill Your Tank, Add Some Paint, and You're Set! Tippmann's Cronus Paintball Marker comes with a 1-Year Manufacturer's Warranty, not to mention, Tippmann's DEDICATED Cerfified Technical Support Department Available as a Resource For You and Your Marker All Year Long!
If you need the best paintball gun, DYE DSR Paintball Marker provides unmatched performance. As compared to others, it comes with features that are more thoughtful such as OLED display, 3rd generation eye pipe among others. It may not be cheap but it is worth the price.
Wrapping it up
Paintballing is among the most enjoyable sports for those who know how it is done. With a top quality paintball gun like the Tippmann 98, you can outperform your competitors. The good thing is that with our guide, you won’t be overwhelmed when searching for the best paintball gun. All those products we have reviewed come with exceptional features that enable them to provide the best performance for your paintball tournaments.