Paintball is a pretty enjoyable sport. It is quirky, fun and demands physical exertion to a level that can be considered salubrious. The number of fans associated with this sport is very high and fervent followers of the sport spend a large amount of time pursuing it in indoor and outdoor settings. Nevertheless, you need to know, which is the best paintball gun?
It is a common occurrence for a player of paintball to rent out an appropriate gun whenever he or she wants to play said game. Still, wouldn’t it be better if you could buy your own? A paintball gun that you can call your own and take on any tournament whenever you want would be pretty fantastic. You might, however, be a bit dubious to go for your own gun in this regard since owning a Paintball gun can prove to be a lofty expenditure. But you should also know that there are numerous guns available at varying prices and varying levels. There are entry-level paintball guns and advanced level ones. The prices vary accordingly so it is best that you gauge your budget as well as preferences prior to deciding.
In this review, we will inform you about the best paintball guns that are currently available on the market. Hopefully, you will be able to arrive at a sound decision after going through the reviews of all the best paintball guns that are mentioned here.
So, peruse through the list and see for yourself as to which is the best paintball gun for you; some are full auto paintball guns while others have different features:
Planet Eclipse Etha 2
This is one of the most prominent and favored names in the world of Paintball tournaments. These markers by Planet Eclipse, are amazing to look at and are pretty much very effective at the given task.
The Etha 2 is probably the epitome of effectiveness and aesthetics that Planet Eclipse has to offer. This is a really good paintball gun and can be carried into any tournament with confidence.
The best part about this gun is its pragmatic and affordable price which makes it a great paintball starter kit. As we said before, it is an amazing tourney level gun. It gets the job one quite admirably and does so at half the price of any other expensive gun that contains lesser features. So, it is a total bargain indeed.
Unlike other guns, the Etha 2 is the complete package. You can take it into any foray without any additional enhancements or attachments. This is a premium level gun and features precision and quality. Just get a Freak Barrel and you are good to go.
- The grip is pretty amazing and comfortable
- Excellent accuracy
- This is a tournament level paintball gun
- It’s a pretty great gun but still won’t be able to match the ones that fall into the 1000$ plus category
- You will still need an electronic loader to get the best out of this paintball gun
Empire Paintball Sniper Pump Marker
This isn’t a Sniper Marker as the label implies, despite the fact that long-range paintball guns do exist. It is just named this way. This is a relatively simple and traditional pump paintball gun. This means that you will have to adjust the loading arm in the front every time you want to fire off a shot with this gun.
While these guns aren’t significantly improved over the other paintball guns, they are still a unique addition to the category. The playing style of this gun is a bit unique and different and many will enjoy it undoubtedly.
This will be a terrific gun to use in those tournaments where pump-only guns are compulsory. This gun comes ready to use outside of the box and also features a Hitman mod. The latter makes it simpler to cock the handle. You also receive various barrel backs in different sizes along with this gun. It is indeed a true innovation in the pump-load paintball gun category and you will learn to love it in time.
- Tournament Level Performance pump marker
- Low Pressure Operation
- Auto-Trigger for rapid firing
- Aluminum 2-piece 14" barrel
- 3 Barrel inserts .675, .680, .685
- Contains a nifty hitman mod
- Open class and stock category paintball gun
- Also comes with different barrel sizes
- The firing rate of this gun is pretty low
Empire Axe Paintball Marker
This is a great paintball gun and has been brought into the market by Empire, a trusted name in the business. This gun is great because it offers more than one fire mode. These include PSP rampaging mode, the semi mode, NXL mode, and millennium ramping mode. This is a full-auto paintball gun and gets the job done satisfactorily.
The accuracy of this marker is unmatched and is very well streamlined in commensuration with the pressure that is expanded per shot.
The odds of your chopping paint in the marker are very low thanks to the incorporation of various pieces of anti-chop technology. A bolt face that is very soft allows you to shoot tourney paint that is fragile and chops are prevented thanks to the presence of electronic eyes.
This gun is lightweight and very convenient in holding. This is pretty great for those extended games where patience and endurance are key factors. The gun also possesses a larger frame when it comes to grip so as to facilitate those players that have larger hands.
Just make sure that you clean this gun after every use because otherwise, it won’t last long.
- Unique Push Bottom Bolt Removal System For Easy Maintenance
- Empire Relay Regulator/ASA with ON/OFF Lever Makes Tank Removal a Breeze
- Extended Grip Frame and New grip for Increase Comfort
- Integrated Break Beam Anti-Chop Eyes Eliminates Chopped Balls
- Patented, Proprietary Slipstream Solenoid Allows for Fast Firing
- Very trustable and reliable paintball gun
- Comes with the amazing anti-chop technology
- The bolt access is pretty tough and difficult to attain
Empire Mini GS HPA Paintball Gun Package
This is another great product from Empire and will go a long way towards enhancing your paintball game to phenomenal levels. This gun boasts many awesome features that are aimed at satisfying and impressing users.
This marker comes with a build quality that feels premium and total tournament grade. The innovative single tube poppet system is marvelous on its own. It is further complemented by an ability to deliver the velocity of an incredible degree. This gun is consistent in firing and is very much accurate as well.
This gun has been designed while keeping ergonomics in perspective and evinces a small size. It will fulfill all expectations that you might have in regards to it. The best part is that this gun has got no hoses or barbs at any place on its body. This can be owed to the inclusion of the Through-Grip Air transfer into the equation. It can be adjusted from 250-325 FPS and has got multiple modes for firing that includes PSP, Mill, and Incl. etc.
- COMPLETE ALL-IN-ONE PAINTBALL GUN PACKAGE! Empire's MINI GS .68 Caliber Electronic Paintball Marker with Maddog's HPA Starter Kit. Starter Kit includes: Empire Halo Too Electronic Paintball Loader (20+BPS) and Standard 68ci/4500psi Refillable HPA Paintball Tank. The Empire Halo Too is the best performing paintball loader for the money. Features a Rip drive kit pre-installed, an upgraded shell with tool-less battery door, Programmable Motor Speed, Microphone Sensitivity and Feed Stack Monitoring
- EMPIRE MINI GS .68 CALIBER ELECTRONIC PAINTBALL MARKER - Empire Paintball's new Mini GS Paintball Gun Marker is the next generation of the legendary Invert Mini! Ergonomically designed, Hoseless, Eyes, Clamping Feedneck, and proven Mini performance exceeds all expectations. The Mini GS is the result of years of refinement, improving the already proven game-winning design's handling and user-friendly maintenance.
- TOURNAMENT READY BATTLE PROVEN PAINTBALL MARKER - Fully Automatic - Multiple Adjustable Firing Modes (Incl. PSP, Mill) - Adjustable from 250-325 FPS - Pressure Controlled Poppet Engine for Outstanding Performance - Integrated Break-Beam Anti-Chop Eyes - Foregrip Accepts Drop-in Redline OLED Boards - Venting ASA Regulator w/ On/Off Lever - Through-Grip Air Transfer for No External Air Hoses - Micro-Honed, Ported Aluminum Barrel - Wrap-Around Foregrip for Protection and Increased Grip
- INDUSTRY STANDARD PAINTBALLING ACCESSORIES - Take 'Em Out with More Paint Than They Can Handle! Empire's Ultra-Quiet Belt Driven Halo Too Electronic Paintball Loader Has a 180 Ball Capacity and Feeds 20+ Balls Per Second, Rip Drive, Tool-less Battery Door, 1-hour auto Shut-Off, and a Low Battery Indicator. High Quality 68ci 4500psi Aluminum 5 Year HPA Tank is DOT / TC certified. Regulator has Excellent Flow, Efficiency, and a Stable Pressure Output for Approx. 1100-2200 Shots Per Fill.
- TAKE THE PAIN OUT OF PAINTBALL! Maddog Bundles the Best Paintball Accessories in the Industry For An EASY, ALL-IN-ONE, Complete Package! This Upgraded HPA Starter Kit Has Everything You Need To Take Your Game to Next Level! Fill Your Tank, Add Some Paint, and You're Set! Empire's Mini GS Electronic Paintball Marker comes with a 1-Year Manufacturer's Warranty, not to mention, Empire's DEDICATED Cerfified Technical Support Department Available as a Resource For You and Your Marker All Year Long!
- Various modes for firing
- It contains no external hoses for air intake
- Very much ergonomic and pleasing design
- Requires a thorough cleaning every time you are done using it
Tippmann A-5 .68 Caliber Paintball Marker
This is an excellent paintball gun by Tippmann. This Tippmann paintball gun is made from aluminum material and can be altered and upgraded to match your requirements and needs. The feed system that this gun feature is Cyclone which allows it to fire up to 15 balls every second. The best part is that this paintball rifle operates on air so you won’t have to spring for batteries either.
Also, out of all the good paintball guns available on the market, this one is probably the easiest to clean and maintain. You can strip it down under 60 seconds and you won’t even have to use any tools to do so. You can also switch between safe and firing mode by using the two-button selector included here. This prevents any inadvertent firing on your part. The front and back mounts, an inline bolt system and a durable hopper that is low in profile make this an amazing paintball gun.
This Tippmann paintball gun is one of the best in the category and while it isn’t the cheapest gun, its features still make it worth your attention and purchase. This gun is durable, scratch-resistant and sports great accuracy thanks to its 8.5-inch barrel.
- Cyclone Feed System can Fire 15 balls per second without batteries
- Can be field stripped in less than 60 seconds without tools
- Enhanced ergonomics with a longer front grip, lighter weight body and easier to Remove push pins
- Comes with a limited warranty of 2 years from the manufacturer
- Very much durable and scratch-resistant
- Has an effective range of about 150 feet
- The feed system is a bit tricky to master
Tippmann Cronus – One Of The Cheapest Paintball Guns
The Tippmann Cronus is a great gun and has been favored by many a number of paintball warriors throughout its lifespan. This is a terrific weapon that has been made in a way that allows it to endure under tough external conditions and numerous environments. The Tippmann Cronus was created to be a paintball gun that could stand the test of time and it does so with flying colors.
This paintball marker is considered by many fans of the sport to be one of the best paintball guns ever made. It is the best gun for those players who are at a beginner to intermediate level in the skill. That is because it is very simple in usage and reliable in functioning. This gun is a bit heavier than other paintball guns. But it is still more durable and tougher in build and players won’t have to fret about damaging or breaking it.
Another great thing about this gun is that it is super easy to take apart and clean. It has got an inner gas line and Tippmann’s amazing inline bolt system as well. Users will marvel at the comfortable and firm grip that this gun provides them which is greatly facilitative for extended games. In short, this is the best paintball kit for everyone of varying skills and abilities in paintball.
- THE ORANGE BUTTON ON THE BARREL IS FOR ILLUSTRATIVE PURPOSES ONLY – NOT INCLUDED
- High-impact composite body
- Vertical Grip
- This marker is easily modified
- Very durable and long-lasting
- Super easy to take apart and clean
- A bit on the heavier side when it comes to weight for some players
Tippmann TMC MAGFED Paintball Marker
This is a great addition to the Paintball gun genre by Tippmann and features the trademark goodness that all of their products evince.
The Tippmann TMC MAGFED Paintball marker is great because it has got an efficient inline bolt system which is further complemented by a rubber trigger that is easy to pull. This is a solid and able paintball marker with numerous attractive features all rolled into one nice package.
This Tippmann paintball gun is a MAGFED version of the previous Cronus Tactical model and has gained much prominence amongst players of the sport.
This is an extremely durable and sturdy Paintball marker and can really take a beating in outdoor conditions. The quality of its shots is spectacular and never ceases to amaze even after repeated uses. It functions at about 750 PSI which is impressive, to say the least. You will be hard-pressed to find a more ergonomically compatible paintball gun anywhere else either and it is also highly customizable. You can add new accessories and add-ons with the added rail system that this gun contains. It is recommended that you upgrade the hopper and trigger to get improved functionality out of this gun. It can truly be called an assault rifle paintball gun.
It is also pretty easy to maintain and clean. Just perform a meticulous cleaning once in a while and apply an able lubricant. This will keep it in working condition for years to come.
- Tippmann's latest .68 Caliber MagFed Extremely Authentic Milsim Styled Tactical Paintball Marker
- THE MOST REALISTIC MILSIM SCENARIO PAINTBALL GUN ON THE FIELD! Dual feed option: Go MagFed or Traditional Loader and Get the Best of Both Worlds in One Awesome Package! Perfect for Close Quarter Battles, Tactical Games, Woodsball, Etc! High Performance, Low Maintenance, Reliable, Fully Pnuematic, and Extremely Authentic Milsim Tactical Paintball Marker!
- TIPPMANN TMC MAGFED .68 CALIBER SCENARIO PAINTBALL MARKER - Semi-Automatic - Adjustable from 250-325 FPS - Includes (2) 20 Round Spring Driven Magazines - Dual Feed Option: Hopper or Magfed Design - 12" High Performance Barrel - Internal Stainless Steel Gas Line - Front and Rear Adjustable Sights - Built-in Picatinny Rails
- Tippmann's TMC MAGFED Paintball Marker comes with a 1-Year Manufacturer's Warranty, not to mention, Tippmann's DEDICATED Cerfified Technical Support Department Available as a Resource For You and Your Marker All Year Long!
- Very sturdy and durable in quality and build
- It is easy to clean and maintain
- Can be customized to quite an extent
- Not suitable for 8/10 games with hopper